Who We Are
Kaela Kay is a women’s clothing brand based in Toronto; the only one of its kind in Ontario selling ready-made and made-to-order African inspired fashions. Kaela Kay is a local and internationally recognized clothing brand with customers worldwide. Experiencing exceptional growth, Kaela Kay opened its first flagship retail store in Toronto in July-2019 and now we are growing our team. The selected individual will work very closely with CEO and owner Catherine Addai and will have the opportunity to learn and share learning. Come and join our team!
THE POSITION DETAILS
Marketing & Social Media Coordinator (Project Based Duration - our SS2021 launch - with possibility of extension )
We are seeking an inquisitive, highly efficient, self-starter, creative, and higly technical person who is passionate about social media and marketing to reach existing and new audiences to help us grow.
- Build marketing strategies and programs to support specific marketing objectives across different channels and segments in support of our overall strategic marketing plans for online and in-store
- Create and execute social media strategy across various social media channels to identify and acquire customers, including lead generation, market segmentation
- Create (design, edit, test) and execute social media content across many communication mediums
- Research and develop key words and hashtags for optimization
- Use marketing and social media apps/plug ins integrated with our Shopify store to drive targeted traffic to our website and increase sales
- Manage social media accounts and increase followers targeting the right audiences
- Obtain market share by developing social media marketing plans and programs for each product and directing promotional material.
- Provides short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data specific to the industry
- Develop new approaches for market development and suggest best/new marketing platforms
- Research, recommend and build relationships with social media influencers to promote the brand
- Achieves financial objectives by assisting in preparing a marketing budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
- Create regular marketing reports (including social and financial impact) that can be seen on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly basis
- Creation and dissemination of regular communications with clients and potential clients through outreach initiatives such as newsletter, text, desktop, affiliate program notifications
- Social media skills on various platforms including but not limited to: Instagram, facebook, pinterest, tiktok, Twitter, Omnisend, Mailchimp
- Creating and maintaining client relationships
- Managing Processes
- Self-motivated yet customer-focused
- Proficient in marketing research and statistical analysis
- Familiar with financial planning and strategy for marketing/ads budgets
- Familiarity and high competency with SHOPIFY platforms and apps
- Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing
- Exposure to digital and direct response marketing
- Competence as a creative writer with an eye for great emails and landing pages
- Creative thinking and strong problem-solving ability, including metrics-driven thinking
- Strategic thinker able to identify long-term opportunities and trends
- Content creation experience
- Familiarity with a customer relationship management (CRM) software (asset)
- Familiarity with third party vendors and software/tools, such as (but not limited to): Marketo, Hubspot, Salesforce, Braze, Klaviyo, Mailchimp, Omnisend
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, particularly within the retail/fashion/direct to consumer industry
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, and social media advertising campaigns
- Solid knowledge of website and any marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends, SEMRush, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Experience in setting up and optimizing PPC campaigns on all major search engines
This role offers complete remote work flexibility (until further notice).
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity provider. Please note only those applicants who qualify will be contacted.
Email your resume to email@example.com noting the position title.